Sunday, July 18, 2010

Inspiration

Sometimes those of us who are unintentionally inspiring others need someone to be inspired by. Today I met Katelyn, a 22 year old with breast cancer. She was all smiles and super positive. Her mother told me she’d get chemo treatments then go out to concerts. Her siblings have even set up a non profit for young women with breast cancer. It was nice to talk with her and to see her smiling. I really hope this medicine doesn’t crush her spirit or depress her--- but if it does I hope she meets someone who is smiling and inspiring like I have. Because, honestly, no matter how inspiring I may be to others I, too, need inspiration from others. Katelyn has reminded me see that we can all be strong and that we all do have something to fight for--- our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment